Safety Precautions While Installing Tube Fittings
Always take care while installing any type of hydraulic fittings, including tube fittings. Follow these steps for a safer installation process.
- Do not assemble or tighten tube fittings when the system is pressurized.
- Do not bleed the system by loosening the tube fitting nut or tube fitting plug.
- Make sure that the tubing rests firmly on the shoulder of the body of the tube fitting before tightening the nut.
- Do not use pipe dope or Teflon tape on compression tube fittings.
- Do not mix materials or fitting components from multiple manufacturers.
- Never turn the tube fitting body. Hold the tube fitting body and turn the nut.
- Avoid unnecessary disassembly of unused fittings.
These are not the only safety precautions to take while installing compression tube fittings, always check the manufacturer's recommendations for installation before attempting any installation.
Shop Our Selection of Tube Fittings Here.